If you refuse to raise a male child in the future, you are the problem.
If you say “die cis scum” instead of making an effort for actual equality, you are the problem.
If you refuse to listen to a doctor, someone who has years of medical training, about your health situation because they are ‘fat shaming’ you, you are the problem.
If you choose to disrespect someone else due to the bullshit excuse of ‘privilege’, you are the problem.
This post gives me life
Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
Happy women’s day, yo
What’s misandry, again?
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, but receive only 11% of the world’s income, and own only 1% of the world’s land.
- Women make up 66% of the world’s illiterate adults.
- Women head 83% of single-parent families. The number of families nurtured by women alone doubled from 1970 to 1995 (from 5.6 million to 12.2 million).
- Women account for 55% of all college students, but even when women have equal years of education it does not translate into economic opportunities or political power.
- There are six million more women than men in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world’s children who receive less than four years of education are girls. Girls represent nearly 60% of the children not in school.
- Parents in countries such as China and India sometimes use sex determination tests to find out if their fetus is a girl. Of 8,000 fetuses aborted at a Bombay clinic, 7,999 were female.
- Wars today affect civilians most, since they are civil wars, guerrilla actions and ethnic disputes over territory or government. 3 out of 4 fatalities of war are women and children.
- Rape is consciously used as a tool of genocide and weapon of war. Tens of thousands of women and girls have been subjected to rape and other sexual violence since the crisis erupted in Darfur in 2003. There is no evidence of anyone being convicted in Darfur for these atrocities.
- About 75% of the refugees and internally displaced in the world are women who have lost their families and their homes.
- SEX-based violence, kills one in three women across the world and is the biggest cause of injury and death to women worldwide, causing more deaths and disability among women aged 15 to 44 than cancer, malaria, traffic accident, and war.
Summary of the night in Ferguson:
At about 9pm on August 17th, 2014, shots were heard and police claimed to have Molotov cocktails thrown at them. One woman was taken away by ambulance for being grazed by a bullet.
Police response was a brief warning and then relentless volleys of tear gas. As it was 3 hours before curfew, many children were still in the street and were caught in the gassing, along with many other peaceful protesters.
Police continued gassing and threatening reporters. A couple reporters were arrested briefly by Captain Ron Johnson. Tensions culminated with protesters marching on the command centre, where they were yet again gassed out.
During this time, the autopsy for Michael Brown was finally released. He was shot at least 6 times, mostly along his right arm, and shot twice in the head.
As of 12:35AM in Ferguson, activity appears to be dying down. Media is currently waiting for a presser.